Connecticut Home Improvement Guaranty Fund

For people having a problem with a home improvement contractor, you may be able to collect money from the Home Improvement Guaranty Fund.

There are several requirement in order to collect.

  1. The contractor must have been registered with the Department of Consumer Protection
  2. You must obtain a judgment against the contractor. (an exception applies if the contractor files for bankruptcy).
  3. The work must have been done on a residential property – single family, multi-family not more than 6 units, condo, or coop.
  4. You must apply to the fund within 2 years of obtaining a court judgment
  5. You must attempt to collect the judgment – an exception applies for small claims.
  6. The claim must be for work performed, not just materials.

Unfortunately, too many contractors do poor work, and refuse to repair the work after receiving the contractual money.

If you had unsatisfactory work done by a home improvement contractor, please feel free to contact:

Attorney Robert M. Singer

2572 Whitney Avenue

Hamden, CT 06518


Serving New Haven County and all of Connecticut.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.